Man 'lucky to be alive' after he was electrocuted in his sleep by his phone charger





A man in Hunstville, Alabama nearly died recently when he was electrocuted by his own cellphone charger.
Like many tech-addicted Americans, 32-year-old Wiley Day sleeps with his cellphone charging in his bed.
On a recent Wednesday night, he fell asleep with the phone nearby but was woken by a jolt that through him from his bed. 'What I felt through that...I just thought that's how you die,' Day said.. He says that the cellphone loosened from an extension cord and the dog tag he was wearing slipped in the cracks and started conducting electricity.
Wiley managed to rip the necklace off but not before suffering second and third-degree burns to his neck and hands.
Doctors say he is expected to recover but that could have died.  Dr Benjamin Fail said that 100 volts can kill a person and Day was hit with 110. 'He is lucky to be alive,' Dr. Fail said. 'Electrocution kills.' After the brush with death, Day says he's going to stop sleeping in bed with his phone. 'Charge your phone away from you,' Day said. 'Charge it the next day. It's not worth your life.' 

No comments