Decomposing Bodies Of Family Of 6 Discovered In Port-Harcourt (Photos)

The decomposing bodies of a family of six which was suspected to have been as a result of the fumes emitted by their generator, have been discovered in their sitting room in Obio/Akpo Local Government Area, of Rivers State.
The decomposing bodies were found, at their residence on Salvation Street by concerned neighbours who had gone in search of them when they realized that not one of them had been seen since last Friday.
The discovery has thrown the residents in a mourning mood as the family is made up of the father, mother, and four children with ages 6, 4, 3 and 2.
The police evacuated the bodies yesterday afternoon.
The landlord while speaking to journalist requested for anonymity because the police was investigating the matter and said he saw the family last on Friday morning.
He said:
“Their generator was on when I returned home on Friday evening and I presumed they were inside the house.
I didn’t see them on Saturday. I also did not see any of them on Sunday. My junior brother called me this afternoon while I was at work to intimate me that something was happening at my house, so I rushed down here. I am in shock.”
One of the neighbour who saw the bodies when the police arrived to evacuate them said they were lying down on the floor which suggested that the family might have been watching television and perhaps slept off in the process, leaving the television and generator on.
The Rivers State Police Public Relations Officer, Nnamdi Omoni, who confirmed the incident said the Police had evacuated the bodies and taken them to the mortuary for post morten examination.
The Police Image maker also said:
“The speculation is that the family may have died from carbon monoxide which emanated from their generator. But that has not been scientifically proven. So, we are waiting for the autopsy report to make our findings.”

decomposing bodies
decomposing bodies

No comments