Tragedy As 5 Month Old Baby Dies In Agbado Oke-Odo Inferno




Tragedy struck yesterday, July 31, 2017 as a five-month-old baby was burnt to death after fire engulfed a one-storey building located at 28, Adeyoola Street, Kola Bus Stop, in Agbado Oke-Odo.
Eyes Of Lagos gathered that the inferno started at about 12:10p.m, when many of the occupants had left for work.
An eyewitness who spoke on the tragic death of the five-month-old baby blamed the mother, saying that: “the fire started as a result of the carelessness of the baby’s mother who was cooking inside her room at the right wing of the house.”
It was also learnt that the baby, who was asleep, was left in the room by her mother before the fire started.
During the inferno, eight rooms in the building were affected with properties worth millions of naira destroyed in the process.
Officials of the Lagos State Fire Service and the State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, were on ground to put out the fire, after which the deceased baby was recovered and handed over to the Police.
Confirming the incident, Director of the State Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe, urged residents to desist from cooking in their rooms.

No comments